Sunday, December 27, 2009

Greetings from the 2 Grandmothers

This is something so memorable and I can never forget any details of it in my life. It meant a lot to me as one of their grandchildren.

I grown up in a very chinese traditional family thus I am always practicing chinese culture and tradition in life. and I'm proud of it! hehe


>>I shall start off with the mother's mother aka PorPor.

During my last trip to Ipoh, she gave me a BIG PRESENT! ho ho ho~~ Just when daddy announced that it's time to leave, popo suddenly pulled my hand and said "come come". (and before that, mummy asked me to place something secretly in her room) So my first reaction was staring at my mother. but well she is going to raise her voice calling my name if I still don't follow her footstep and enter her room with her. Owh she was so cute, the reason I got panicked was because she called me secretly, as if hoping none of my other family member will know about it. So imagine how nervous was I. PorPor is well known with her 'unique' attitude so I was so scared I did something wrong that she wants to lecture me personally!! OMG..

Then when I was with her in her room, (without any other people), she started to dig her treasures. LOL I didn't know she hides her things in that corner! hahahaha *I feel so honoured*


She pulled up a stack of papers then *TADAA* a BIG ANGPAU appeared. I just can't put those feelings in words because other than Chinese New Year she had not given us extra angpau. Or maybe once or twice on my birthday. I was happily staring at the angpau and she started to pull me down towards her (fyi, she uses wheelchair), and asked me to read the greetings she wrote on the angpau. "来,读给婆婆听。"

The angpau from PorPor.

I first skipped the address to me and my name, and she yelled. "EHH, 前面那些不用读啊?" (why didn't you read those in front?!" OWH SWTTT of course I don't expect myself to be reading my own name! It's like, "To, myself" lol. But the queen ordered, so yeah have to read again. haha

"孙女 林缘双 祝你学业上进 愿望成就 婆婆"
awwww so touched!! I almost drop into tears at that moment. When I fully(haha she kept holding it) received the angpau from her, I remember saying "wahh, 很厚 lehh" LOL it feels wonderful, really. I wasn't expecting such touching greetings at all from my old grandmother!

Halfway through the reading session, I was too happy so I spoke too loud and mummy was standing at the door staring already. popo was worried that mummy will stop me from accepting the angpau so she kept saying "shhh 这样大声做什么?" aiyor PorPor I can't control one mahhh.. but mummy asked me to accept it anyway. Then of course it's picture time with PorPor and angpau!


The lovely PorPor and I!!
Smile More!!

Before I REALLY leave the house, she said again "乖乖读书ahh.. 不要只顾着 paktor 知道吗!!" *OOPS* hahaha
.........................................



>>Then, its the father's mother aka Ah Ma.

Today, my family and I paid a visit to dad's eldest brother's house, Ah Ma was there too. I was happily watching television sitting beside Ah Ma, and she walked away. When she came back, *TADAA* she gave me an angpau! hehe but it wasn't that unexpected compared to the one from PorPor because every year, as long as we were ranked 1st to 3rd in our class or we scored well in major exams, she'll give us an angpau. This applies to each cousin! keke.



Angpau from Ah Ma



This time, no greetings written on the angpau but she greeted me verbally. No difference, I still get the blessings! Owh sorry Ah Ma you were too fast I can't remember every single word you said. But I still have a rough idea.
"阿嫲祝你出国读书 事事顺利、万事如意!"

Forgotten to take a picture together with Ah Ma and the angpau, but it's ok. I took loads with her in my last trip to Pangkor before I fly to Perth.



Ah Ma and I in front of our beloved Pangkor House~

Thank you again for all the wishes from both of you.
Stay healthy and live long forever.
I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment