Wednesday, February 24, 2010

University student!

Two days ago, something came across my mind and I suddenly felt that, wow.. this is such a long way. I'm finally a university student!! Ten years ago when I'm always-shorter-than-everybody, whenever I look up and see any university student standing beside me, somehow I feel that, wahhh can I even get into a university?? hahaha *dumb*

Now, walking towards the clock tower of the university everyday as a student, I had the feeling "wow I made it!". hard work paid off when I sacrificed lots of family outings for my A-levels and stay at home facing those black ants just to at least get into the course I want. Of course, not forgetting being VERY grateful for having parent who also worked super hard since young (definitely harder than me haha) to achieve what they have today and being able to afford my fees over here.

I had a love in first sight with UWA and yes love in first sight got no explanations right. lol I have no idea how many people I know got into a university they really wanted but to me, I'm overwhelmed and happy to walk into my classes everyday. I still in the condition of "I can't believe it" at times. haha Hope I'm happy this way for the rest of my 4 years over here!

Back in Malaysia, I always get the typical ~look~ when I said I will be studying in Perth. Seriously, I don't see anything bad to study in a quiet city. Well other than no supper at night, I have no other complains. Oh and guess what, the city centre is good and big enough. If you can walk through every street of it and still have no complaints on foot aches or whatever, you're really a marathon runner! It is not thaaattt small. Up till now, I have never walk around the whole city before.

People always say lots of Malaysians go Australia. I don't really feel so, because my social net is 98% Singaporeans!! Where are the Malaysians?! Now that I'm here, instead of improving my english and learn some angmoh slang, I need to learn Singlish too. Don't worry, I almost have word of the day for everyday. haha lets just hope I'm still a Malaysian when I go back. Together with my laass and mahhss and merrrss and arrs. If you feel that I turn into Singaporean-ish, must correct me okay!! LOL

I wouldn't say I've fully adapted to everything here, but other than homesick malaysian-foodsick and lovesick, I'm also having NAMESICK!!! ahhhh I always write my name as Lim Yuanshuang. But now?? Yuanshuang Lim. ugly and not nice at all. When I check my letters in the mail box, I will tend to look for Lim Yuanshuang instead of Yuanshuang Lim which slows down my speed A LOT.

By the way, my timetable is quite packed, worse than medicine students. *urgh* Guess what, I have 8am-7pm classes on alternate Mondays!!!! Even if I dont have lab, its still 8-5pm. zzz trying to be consistent with my studies from the first week. Really hope I can do it.

4 years isn't that far away. Graduation isn't that far away. Being a certified podiatrist isn't that far away too!! keke


No comments:

Post a Comment